Coaching & Mentoring
In just the same way as the very best sports people have their own (or a team) coach, so too should sales professionals.
A great coach or mentor can help speed up the process of attaining success in any endeavor, and selling is no different to golf or football in that respect.
- Coaching is developmental.
- Coaching is using observation, motivation, and developmental feedback as “anchor points” for a firm foundation of coaching the sales professional.
- Coaching is about helping a sales rep take his or her knowledge, experience, and ability through the resources of training and mentoring, to enhance that person’s skill, wisdom, and talent.
An effective coach is:
- Someone you have a good connection with,
- Someone who has real-world experience that you can emulate, and
- Someone who practices tough love!